II Liceum Ogólnokształcące

im. prof. Kazimierza Morawskiego w Przemyślu

Kazimierz Morawski Liceum in Przemyśl

Patron

Kazimierz Morawski (1852-1925 ) was one of the most prominent Polish humanists of the turn of the 19th century, the first Polish classic philologist known in the whole Europe, professor of Jagiellonian University in 1906, in 1907 rector at Almae Matris Iagellonicae, in 1918 the president of the Polish Academy of Skills. He was an expert in literaure of ancient Greeks and Romans. He was interested in ancient oratory eloquence and Polish culture of 15th and 16th centuries.

School authorities:

  • Mariusz Zamirski – the headmaster
  • Agata Trzpis – the deputy headmaster

History of school

 

1906 September
Founding of II Secondary School in Przemysl with seat at St. Joseph street
1911 - 1912
Number of classes reached 8.
1912
The first "Matura" exam (A-level exam) was carried out.
1922 Fabruary
School was given the name of professor Kazimierz Morawski
1925
The first school banner was founded.
1939
Female students were admitted for the first time.
1944 - 1945
School resumed its activity.
1969
School moved to the new building in St. John street. The name was changed to Wladyslaw Broniewski.
1979
Moving to the new building, the previous site of Greek-Catholic seminary at Basztowa 13.
1980
Number of students reached 500.
1992
Beginning of the work on the building of a new school object. Designer Stanslaw Krzaklewski. Financial help from Polish-German Partnership Fundation.
1996
Moving to the new buiding. Number of students: 915.
1996 March
Official transference and blessing of the building.
1996 June
The First matura exam in the new building. 90 th. anniversary of II Secondary School, visit of the Minister of Education and delegation from Paderborn. Return to the name of prof. Kazimierz Morawski.
1996 October
Second part of the object was handed over for the school use.
1997
Number of students reached 945, number of classes 26.
1997 September
Reunion of II Secondary school.
1998 March
Transference of sports grounds.
1999 September
In the school year 1999/2000 II Secondary School counts 1043 students.